Saturday, August 23, 2008

Last Day

Today has been a good day. We had a pretty early start. We spent the morning going around and visiting students from one of the main universities. That was pretty interesting. Everyone treats me like a VIP because I am from America. That makes things awkward sometimes. I am looking forward to blending in again. But I had a really good time hanging out with Aaron and Mary, students who were walking around with me. 

We enjoyed a nice Indian meal out in town. The pastor the the university ministry is named Kennedy. He is a really awesome guy, and we had a great conversation over lunch. He was explaining how a big problem here is that people trust westerners immediately, and it opens the door to a lot of a bad teaching. Brian McLaren has done several conferences out here, and the Mormons are building temples all over the place.

A lot of good work is going on as well.

So this will probably be my last post in Africa. Tomorrow is the last day, and we will be out and about the whole time. I leave the country at around 10:30 PM tomorrow if all goes well. Please pray that flights don't get delayed etc. etc. I have been feeling pretty good, which is nice.

I will be posting all my pictures in the next week or so. And I will probably have at least one more post reflecting on the trip, so make sure to check back in.

2 comments:

Brandon Barr said...

Excellent.

Anonymous said...

So glad that you were able to complete the adventure in one piece!